The Cibola County Manager’s Department is seeking qualified applicant(s) for the position of FINANCE DIRECTOR
Reporting directly to the County Manager acts under general direction and Manages and coordinates all financial operations for Cibola County, to include budget preparation and management, general accounting, journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, internal controls, and audit planning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manages County budget preparation, submission and control, business planning and
2. Ensures financial and accounting compliance with all county, state and federal
3. Monitors all county departments to ensure compliance with budget guidelines; presents
recommendations for changes and procedural improvements regarding monitory control
and budget management.
4. Coordinates and prepares financial reports and other related information for presentation
to the Board of County Commissioners during budget reviews.
5. Oversees the procurement process for the County; evaluates or negotiates contracts for
purchasing services to include bids, purchase orders, and purchase requisitions.
6. Coordinates the preparation of financial reports, quarterly reports, special analyses, and
presents reports to management and the Board of County Commissioners.
7. Monitors and maintains contract management, lease agreements; manages cash deposits
and ensures processing of billings and payments.
8. Participates in development and implementation of county fiscal policies, objectives and
short-and-long range goals.
9. Interacts with independent auditors and facilitates year-end audits.
10. Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the County Manager or the Board of
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) and 3 years (5 years preferred) experience that is
directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified,
Extensive equivalent experience in the duties and responsibilities specified
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
1. Valid New Mexico driver’s license.
OTHER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Ability to perform essential functions and adapt to working conditions.
2. No history or pattern of reckless driving, DWI/DUI or irresponsible driving in the last
3. No history of felony or misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude, violence,
distribution of controlled substance
Applications may be obtained online at cibolacountynm.com or the Cibola County Manager’s Office during regular working hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm) at 700 E. Roosevelt Ste. 50, Grants, NM. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
CIBOLA COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled