911 Communication Specialist
This 12-hr shift work position receives and transmits radio traffic to law enforcement and emergency services personnel in City of Grants and surrounding areas in Cibola County, and acts as a public service answering point for law enforcement, fire and medical agencies, as well as administrative calls. Employee will monitor, query, and respond to the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), and will also make entries into NCIC. Employee will be required to work irregular hours, attend job-related meetings, training's and perform other duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or GED certificate.
2. Certified dispatchers must provide a copy of certification and must have one year experience in the performance of dispatcher duties; and have knowledge of and ability in radio communications, operation of telephone console, operation of National Crime Information Center (NCIC), and dispatching calls and related duties involving emergency situations. Uncertified dispatchers must become state certified within one year of hire date; exceptions may be made due to scheduling conflicts at the NMLEA (New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy).
3. Must understand and communicate in English.
4. NCIC certification preferred.
5. Ability to learn and become efficient in the utilization of Computer- Aided Dispatching, mapping systems, integrated 911 systems and computerized radio consoles.
6. Ability to work in stressful situations.
7. Type 40 wpm accurately.
8. Knowledge with PC's and Window software required.
9. Above average work attendance required.
10. Must reside in within 50-mile radius of Grants within 90 days of employment.
11. Criminal background, driving record and references will be verified. Must possess a valid NM driver’s license with no DWI’s within the last 3 years, and must be insurable. You must not have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor.
12. Must pass a physical exam, hearing test, mandatory drug screening and criminal background investigation prior to hire.
13. The ability to perform the essential duties in the work conditions, with the equipment, tools and materials listed below and under minimal supervision.
For an application, please visit cibolacountynm.com, or pick one up at the Cibola County Manager’s Office, located at 700 E. Roosevelt Grants NM 87020. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Cibola County is an equal opportunity employer
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled