DWI PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Specific duties relate to the acquisition and administration of funding for the Cibola County DWI Program. Organizes, directs, supervises and coordinates all activities of the Department to research, understand, promote, and lead the development of initiatives to address the community’s needs for effective DWI Program efforts, ensures the effective and efficient provision of services including but not to: identifying grant funding opportunities, grant writing, grants management, developing and implementing a county-wide screening assessment and court assistance program for all District, Municipal and Magistrate Court referrals related to DWI. Establishes and maintains a county-wide DWI Program to develop and implement alcohol free alternative activities; promotes youth, business, school, and community participation in designing social activities; promotes community awareness and change for DWI prevention.
Responsible for the hiring, assignment, evaluation, and discipline of department personnel; follows County, departmental and statutory policies and procedures when dealing with personnel matters. Strive to continuously improve the professional capacity of the staff.
Serves as the professional advisor to the County Manager, County Board of Commissioners, and other committees/boards and may confer with business and community leaders and conduct public forums to understand the community’s needs on matters relating to the County’s effort to improve and maintain a high quality of life in the community. Develops and recommends actions on various issues related to program development, program cost management and revenue enhancement to improve performance.
Develops and manages the departmental budget. Plans, implements, and reviews departmental short- and long-range goals. Assist Detention Administrator in the efforts to work with Courts, Judges, and Attorneys to release appropriate individuals to early release and pre-trial release programs.
Minimum requirements are as follow:
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, family studies, public health, or related human service field preferred.
- Two years of increasingly responsible professional experience in grant writing, grant management, funds development, and program development and management.
- Two years of senior-level administrative and management experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates and ability to successfully discharge the responsibilities of this position may be considered.
- Must be bondable.
- Valid New Mexico Driver’s license.
- May not have any DWI or DUI within the last five years.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test, physical, and background investigation.
- Strong communication skills and be able to write clearly and informatively, listen and get clarification, respond well to questions.
- Able to organize and prioritize work; use of time efficiently.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must reside within reasonable commuting distance of the work site.
Any interested persons may apply. Please submit applications on line at http://cibolacountynm.com, or to the Cibola County Human Resource Department at the Manager’s Office, 700 E. Roosevelt Ave. Ste. 50 Grants, NM 87020. Position will remain open until filled.
Cibola County is an equal opportunity employer
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled