Deputy Fire Marshal/Emergency Management Coordinator
Since the inception of the Cibola County in the 1980s, Cibola County Fire & Emergency Services has established itself as one of the up and coming progressive fire departments of our area. With the past accomplishments in our rearview and an exciting future ahead of us, Cibola County Fire & Emergency Services is seeking an innovative and progressive Deputy Fire Marshal with experience in leading a high-performance organization. As a member of the Division’s executive team, the Deputy Fire Marshal will be responsible for providing leadership, direction, and overall management for the Division’s emergency medical services, and support administrative services which includes fiscal services, Office of the Fire Marshal, quality assurance, human resource matters, oversight of training staff, safety, fleet, logistics, and records management. The Deputy Fire Marshal must be able to develop and maintain effective relationships with other agencies within the community, The New Mexico State Fire Marshal’s Office, the New Mexico Department of Health EMS Bureau, as well as, have excellent communication skills with all stakeholders to achieve the high standards the community has come to expect.
Opportunities for excellence include working within budget and staffing constraints while continuing to ensure operational efficiency in equipment, community risk reduction, and consistent pressures relating to increasing service demands, staffing levels, training and employee recruitment and retention.
***Position/incumbents assigned to this classification are at will and serve at the discretion of the Fire Marshal and the County Manager. ***
(5+) years paid full time experience in a management or supervisory capacity in Fire or EMS, Captain level or higher, in planning, directing, and coordinating activities in a Fire/Rescue department.
The Preferred candidate having met the minimum requirements, will be familiar with and be committed to organizational excellence and have experience managing emergency medical services, support and administrative services which include fiscal services, Office of the Fire Marshal, quality assurance, human resource matters, oversight of training staff, safety, fleet, logistics, and records management.
Must possess and maintain:
- New Mexico EMT license or New Mexico Paramedic license.
- A valid State of New Mexico driver's license.
- Proof of completion of an approved Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) in accordance with New Mexico Statutes.
- IFSAC Firefighter I-II or equivalent.
- Complete NWCG S-130, NWCG S-190, ICS-300 (G300) and ICS-400 (G400) within one (1) year of appointment.
- IFSAC Certified Fire Instructor I within one (1) year of appointment.
- IFSAC Certified Fire Investigator within one (1) year of appointment.
- Emergency Management Professional Development Series within one (1) year of appointment.
PLEASE NOTE, CANDIDATES:
· State of New Mexico Fire Officer Certification and State of New Mexico EMT/Paramedic License may be
· This position is mission essential and must be available for on call duty during emergency
· Must successfully pass medical physical examination including drug screening.
· This position will be subject to Random drug testing.
Any qualified interested person may apply. Applications may be obtained on line at www.cibolacountynm.com or Cibola County Manager’s Office at 700 E. Roosevelt Ste. 50, Grants NM during regular working hours. Position will remain open until filled.
Cibola County is a drug free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled