The Cibola County Assessor is accepting applications for the full time position of Detention Officer.
Detention Officer reports to Sergeant.
- High School Diploma or GED that is equivalent to the standards of the NM Public Education Department and is recognized by said department as an accredited diploma or GED.
- Must have at leaset two years of experience in corrections, law enforcement, or related field.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Basic Detention Officer Training Certification.
- Must have the ability to possess a Firearms Certification.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and coherently, (orally & written) in English.
- Must possess a valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
- May not have a DWI or DUI in the last three years.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, physical exam, and a criminal background investigation.
**NOTE You are not required to disclose information about physical or mental limitations that you believe will not interfere with your capability to job. On the other hand, if you want the employer to consider special arrangements to accommodate a physical or mental impairment, you may identify that impairment in the space provided and suggest the kind of accommodation that you believe would be appropriate.
Cibola County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact : If you have any questions regarding this position, please, contact Adrianne Jaramillo at the Cibola County Detention Center.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled