ACCOUNTS PAYABLE/PAYROLL CLERK
The Cibola County Manager’s Department is seeking qualified applicant(s) for the position of ACCOUNTS PAYABLE/PAYROLL CLERK
POSITION SUMMARY: The payroll part of this position is responsible for completing bi-weekly payroll including but not limited to, generating payroll checks for all county employees, maintaining accurate payroll records, and preparing and submitting payroll deduction checks and reports to federal and state agencies and to other approved payroll vendors. The accounts payable part of this position utilizes the County’s financial system for processing weekly accounts payable check runs and other related duties. Cooperates and coordinates with staff, supervisor, and others in preparation of various accounts payable documents.
QUALIFICIATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED, Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- At least five years of professional experience in payroll procedures and two years in accounts payable.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English clearly and informatively, listen and get clarification, respond well to questions.
- Must have experience in calculation payroll, basic bookkeeping, and computer technical skills in Windows and Office Products.
- Good working knowledge of general ledger/accounts payable/payroll software and data processing report requirements.
- Must be able to apply math skills in processing large volumes of numerical data.
- Requires knowledge of payroll laws that affect employee compensation and processing of annual W-2s.
- Must be able to learn quickly, apply knowledge and have an eye for detail.
- Able to organize and prioritize work; use of time efficiently.
- No DWI or DUI convictions in the past three years.
- A current driving record will be requested.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and background investigation.
- Should have, or ability to obtain, a valid NM driver’s license.
- Residency: Employee should reside within reasonable commuting distance of the worksite.
- Code of Conduct: Employee is accountable for being informed of and complying with the County policies and procedures code.
- Attitude: The employee is expected to exhibit a positive, constructive and cooperative attitude in the workplace and in relations with the public.
- Initiative: Personal initiative, mature self-direction, and responsibility are expected in this position.
- Dress Code: Business casual.
- Overtime: Position may require occasional overtime to complete assignments. ALL OVERTIME MUST BE PRE-APPROVED
Applications may be obtained online at cibolacountynm.com or the Cibola County Manager’s Complex during regular working hours (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) at 700 E. Roosevelt Ste. 50, Grants, NM.
The deadline for submittal of applications is 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 26, 2018.
CIBOLA COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Deadline for Applying : Jan 26, 2018